Monday, July 25, 2011

Introducing PhotoshopStar Redesign

In celebration of our 2nd anniversary, PhotoshopStar has received a design facelift! :)
Photoshop Redesign Live
As you can see it’s very similar to the previous one, in fact it’s like a new layout based on the old design (style, etc). We’ve got a fair amount of new features in this design though, so here’s the short list I’ve compiled:
  • Less Ads
    Yeah, that’s a feature! You should understand that I need to earn some money from the blog, considering how much time I spend on it, but I really do hate the look of these unprofessional-looking ads as much as anyone! For now I’ve removed the ads from the content, but later on I may need to add some unintrusive ads near the bottom of the content.
  • Subscribe Box
    I think this is a very important improvement, particularly for those of you that don’t know what subscribing is all about. Please take a look at the subscribe box in the top right and learn about subscribing today.
  • Promote/Bookmark Posts
    At the bottom of posts you’ll now see a promote(translated:bookmark) section. If you use one of the following social bookmarking services, please feel free to bookmark! (Digg, Delicious, DesignFloat, Reddit, StumbleUpon)
  • Contribute
    I’ll be putting up a contribute page shortly, as I’m interested in buying tutorials from my readers if you have any ideas. So far I’ve had some success buying tutorials from deviantART uses in exchange for one-year deviantART subscriptions (they come to me I swear!) :)
  • Improved Searching (with Google)
    I’ve always found Google search to be the most efficient, and now you can benefit from it on PhotoshopStar. I think this is a great improvement over the standard WordPress search because you will have more options.
OK, so I said it was a short list! It’s still nicer, right? :)
I would now love to hear suggestions, comments, critique, and bug reports from my valued readers! I’m now going to go and make sure everything is working properly.
Photoshop birthday party coming soon! Prizes and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment